Friday, May 29, 2015

For the Love of Brick and Mortar Independent Bookstores


This bookstore has a little cafe at the front of the store, by those huge windows. There are multiple comfortable seating areas and nooks, so people can sit comfortably and look at books. There is plenty of walking space and arm space, even if people sit on the floor next to the bookcases. This bookstore still boasts plenty of books, from the floor to near the ceiling. This place has complementary wi-fi. It is independently owned, not just another chain store.

Though I am careful about where my money goes and how it is spent, I would spend a bit extra to support the independently owned bookstores who work hard to serve the community and have a history of supporting and defending its patrons valiantly.

And, on my way out of the store, I saw a line formation set-up, ready for a book signing later. Not that I am scoping out for possible locations for when the book is published and rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment